Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Range session

Last weekend my wife and I went to our favorite indoor range -- Lone Star Guns, Gallery and Gear in Weatherford, TX. That made two visits in the month of July. This time we rented a couple of smaller 9mm pistols -- a Kahr PM-9 and then a CZ (I didn't get the model number). My wife didn't care for the Kahr but liked the CZ. I liked the Kahr more than the CZ. The Kahr trigger pull is pretty long but no worse than a double-action revolver trigger.

I also 'rented' one of the new Springfield XDm 5.25 (the range is letting people rent it for free if they fill out a survey form afterward). I really liked the 5.25. It was more accurate for me at 15 yards than my Glock 19 (4th gen). But I was disappointed in the fiber optic front sight. I didn't discern any benefit from it with the indoor lane lighting. The longer sight radius and the fact I still have the stock Glock sights on my 19 are probably most of the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment