Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Sig, Springfield, CZ, Glock?

I've now rented a few 9mm semi-autos at the range in Weatherford, TX. I really liked the SIG. Not so much the CZ (it was a compact and that may have been the major factor). The Glock was nice as well and I was fairly accurate with it at 7yds.

I really want to like the Springfield Arms XD(m) 9mm. It has a grip safety and I found I wasn't gripping high enough at the start of the session. It is also DAO and I didn't realize that. I'm definitely going to shoot it again to see whether I can come close to the accuracy I got from the Sig and the Glock.

One reason I want to shoot it more is so I can compare it to the XD(m) in .40 and .45 that are also available for rent. That will give me (I think) a valid basis for determining the caliber I want for my primary handgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment